Legal Q&A | Is Virtual Staging Legal in North Carolina?
QUESTION: Virtual staging has become a big thing in many areas of the country. I have some ideas on how I might use it when listing properties for my clients. However, I want to be sure I am not violating any North Carolina laws or rules, or violating the REALTOR® Code of Ethics. What guidance can you give me?
Awards, announcements and latest happenings from XCHANGE ’19
Here are a few highlights from the General Membership Meeting, held during XCHANGE’19 in Pinehurst. Read more at ncrealtors.org and see photos on Facebook.
Tony Smith awarded prestigious 2019 REALTOR® of the Year
Tony Smith of the Charlotte Regional REALTOR® Association is the recipient of the 2019 REALTOR® of the Year award. He is the 70th honoree of this prestigious award, which was started in 1951 and recognizes dedication and service to the organization, real estate industry, and the community.
Stephanie Walker inducted into the NC REALTORS® Hall of Fame
Stephanie Walker of the Outer Banks Association of REALTORS® was inducted into NC REALTORS® Hall of Fame. The award was established in 1990 to honor outstanding REALTORS® who contributed outstanding services to the real estate profession through development, environment, government and leadership.
The NC REALTORS® William C. Bass Leadership Academy announces 2019 graduates
The class of 2019 was honored during a special graduation ceremony on Sunday, September 15. Congratulations to the following individuals:
- Amanda Martin, Long Leaf Pine REALTORS®
- Phillip Johnson, Winston-Salem Regional Association of REALTORS®
- Cristina Grossu, Charlotte Regional REALTOR® Association
- Chester Bartlett, Carolina Smokies Association of REALTORS®
- Adam Upchurch, Topsail Island Association of REALTORS®
- Katie Wangrin, Land of the Sky Association Of REALTORS®
- Lisa Thomas, Triangle Commercial Association of REALTORS®
- Melissa Polce, Charlotte Regional REALTOR® Association
- Tim McBrayer, Raleigh Regional Association of REALTORS®
- David Noyes, Hendersonville Board of REALTORS®
- Sandra Stewart, Mid Carolina Regional Association of REALTORS®
Additional service awards announced during Conference included:
- Margaret Bishop of the Brunswick County Association of REALTORS®, Ben Ball Community Service Award
- Wilson Sherrill of Brunswick County Association of REALTORS®, (Region 2), Regional Service Award
- Brooke Cashion of Winston-Salem Regional REALTORS®, (Region 6), Regional Service Award
- Tony Harrington of the Cape Fear REALTORS®, The REALTOR® Innovation & Entrepreneurial Excellence Award
- Kathy Carpenter of Greensboro Regional REALTORS® Association, Committee Member of the Year Award
- Sofia Crisp of Greensboro Regional REALTORS® Association and Deb Hays of Cape Fear REALTORS®, Champion Award
We are now accepting applications for the NC REALTORS® William C. Bass Leadership Academy Class of 2020!
The NC REALTORS® William C. Bass Leadership Academy identifies, inspires and mentors emerging leaders. REALTOR® members who are interested in becoming more active and involved in leadership positions within their community, association, or industry can apply today. Application deadline is October 15.
Make an impact on housing with the help of a NC REALTORS® Housing Foundation matching grant
Since 2004, the NC REALTORS® Housing Foundation has awarded Matching Grants to qualifying nonprofits that partner with local REALTORS® associations to improve housing. If your local association is interested, apply by September 30. The maximum grant amount awarded is $4,000. Apply here »
That’s Who We R® | Use NAR’s campaign materials to share your story
Helping consumers understand why working with a REALTOR® is the best choice for this life-changing transaction goes way back to 1913. That’s when the National Association of REALTORS® began to set their members apart by adopting a Code of Ethics that still guides the business decisions of 1.3M REALTORS® today. It’s the Code of Ethics that helped to inspire the new campaign, “That’s Who We R®”. This distinguishes REALTORS® from the rest, and delivers a sense of pride in being a REALTOR®.
Cast Your Vote for Your Favorite Good Neighbor
NAR has announced the 2019 finalists for the Good Neighbor Awards. The program, now in its 20th year, honors REALTORS® who make the world a better place through their dedicated volunteer work. Read their inspiring stories then go to realtor.com/goodneighbor by September 28 to vote for your favorite to win bonus grant money.